Female problems are specific to the physical challenges that women face. These are quite different and hence need special attention and care. Many problems are much more prominent in women. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. The male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These are some of the many diseases that are predominantly seen in women. The gynecologic system. Is also highly sophisticated and this further leads to its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems, etc.
Having understood the uniqueness of the female body, let us discuss how homeopathy is much more suitable for treating problems related to women.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. Homeopathic treatment understands the fundamentals and background before any prescription and is thus very effective in understanding and treating these issues.
- Irregular menses: Irregularity in menses is an indication of a disease and so s detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to find the root cause and cure the patient. That is what homeopathy exactly does. Rather than prescribing one medicine to every patient of a disease, medicines are arrived at only after a detailed history of the case and vary from patient to patient.
- Dysmenorrhea: Pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs are what a lot of women complain about during menses, though the process should ideally be a painless one. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. This problem is also cured after detailed individual case taking.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility that needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customized regimen.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with a strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. The cause of this trouble is often different for different patients. Root cause identification is very important for the permanent cure of the disease.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique. Hence a homeopath must be consulted if you wish to discuss any specific problem.