Overview Of Menstrual Irregularities
Lots Of Girls Experience Achy Lower Abdominal Cramps Or Lower Back Pain At The Start Of Their Periods. These Are Normal Sensations. There Are Other Symptoms That Some Girls Experience A Few Days Or Even Weeks Before Their Menstrual Periods Begin. Here Is A List Of The Most Common Symptoms:
- Breast tenderness
- Bloating due to water retention
- Feeling moody/ups and downs
- Food cravings/binge eating
- A heating pad or a hot water bottle can help soothe cramps, but a hot bath can soothe both abdomens and lower back at one and the same time.
- Exercise can improve your moodiness and make your cramps go away.
- Biochemic Medicine Magnesia Phos 6x taken with Luke warm water eases the cramps.
Note: If your cramps are so bad that you are not able to participate in normal activities or you have intense nausea and you are not relieved with medicine then its time to visit your doctor.
In Some Cases, Girls Don’t Begin To Menstruate During Their Teens And In Other Cases, Not At All. Sometimes, Menstruation Has Begun As Is Usual, Only To Cease At Some Later Point In Time. This Is Known As Amenorrhea. There Are Lots Of Reasons For A Skipped Or Missed Period, But The Most Common Reason Is Pregnancy. Other Reasons For Skipping Periods Include:
- Sudden weight loss or gain
- Extreme physical activity over an extended period of time
- Hormone imbalance
- Certain prescription medications
In The Case Where A Girl Has Missed Her Period 3 Months Running, Or Has Not Begun Having Her Periods By The Age Of 15, It’s A Good Idea To Seek Medical Advice.
- Heavy Periods
- If your periods last longer than a week or become much heavier, see your doctor. Most of the time, this is caused by a hormone imbalance.
- Bleeding at the wrong time of your cycle may also signify a problem that requires medical advice.
Self Care For Menstrual Irregularities
- Aerobic exercises in some women reduce menstrual pain to some extent.
- A warm bath or heating pads may relieve mild pain.
- Limiting caffeine consumption helps reduce pains during periods.
- It is important to get the good sleep before and during periods to avoid fatigue and increase your body’s ability to tolerate discomfort.
- Ashoka is considered as uterine tonic, 10drops of mother tincture in half cup of water twice a day generally regularizes the cycle