Homoeopathy for Children
Homeopathic kit for children
- Bryonia 30: for running nose and cough
- Calcarea phos 6X: for growth and development of children
- Variolinum 200: for chicken pox prevention
- Brahmi mother tincture: brain and nerve tonic- 5 drops o.d.
- Calendula mother tincture: for cuts and bruises; immediately arrests bleeding
Note: If the symptoms persists after taking above medicines for more than 2 days consult your physician immediately.
- Chamomilla: For painful teething with or without fever. The teething is frequently associated with colic.
- Coffea Cruda: for the restlessness observed in the teething child.
- Calcarea Phosphorica: for delayed or difficult teething, as well as the colic frequently associated with teething.
- Dioscorea: for the treatment of cramps or colic in the abdomen which seem relieved by straightening up or leaning back.
- Chamomilla: for the child with a poor tolerance for pain, restless and squeamish. The Chamomilla child usually has one hot cheek, the other pale and cool. The child seems improved when carried or pushed in the stroller
- Colocynthus: to relieve violent cramp-like pains which are relieved by heat and pressure. It is also helpful to relieve the irritability associated with pain.
- Magnesia Phosphorica: to relieve colic characterized by being spasmodic or intermittent. The colic is relieved by gentle pressure, warmth and burping. The symptoms are usually worse on the right side and there is usually a general muscular weakness.
- Aconite: when the fever comes on suddenly. The child’s skin is hot and dry and like Chamomilla one cheek can be hot, then other pale, The child is usually worse in a warm room and better in open air.
- Ferrum Phosphoricum: in early stages of all inflammatory problems. The fever usually has a gradual onset with a pale complexion with red cheeks. The child is usually worse when lying on the right side and at night and when moved. The child feels better when cold.
Irritability & Restlessness
- Passiflora: has a tradition of usefulness in relaxing children.
- Avena Sativa: is indicated for the restless or sleepless child
- Calcarea Phosphorica: Indicated for fretful, peevish children. Children are often restless for 2 or 3 hours after midnight and awakening from sleep as if frightened.
- Kali Phosphoricum: when the child cannot rest because of over-stimulation.
- Mag Phoshorica: a traditional homeopathic calmative remedy.
Coughs and Croup
- Ipecac: for constant coughing frequently associated with nausea.
- Aconitum Napellus: when child awakens with dry, hoarse, croup cough.
- Spongea Tosta: for croup, cold, coughs beginning in throat, for dry barking cough.
Bed Wetting is treated with
- Equisetum: indicated for frequent, voluminous bed-wetting, dreams or nightmares when urinating.
- Tox: for bed wetting associated with restless sleep.
- Belladonna: for restless children who talks in sleep and dreams about urinating.
- Kreosotum: when the child dreams of urinating, worse when cold, better when warm.
- Colocynth: for explosive diarrhea preceded by cramp-like pains.
- Aloes: for foul smelling stools
- Arsenicum Album: for child exhausted after a movement Chamomilla, for soft stools associated with teething.
- Nux Vomica: for diarrhea resulting from over-feeding or when baby strains but can only pass a small amount of stool
- Calendula Ointment
Bumps & Bruises
- Children’s Bumps and Bruises respond very well to Arnica.